Annual Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) Return
Income year ended 30 June 2016
This facility is available to Payers who have been granted access and allocated a password by the MRA. Other Payers should use the facility provided by the Mauritius Network Services Ltd (MNS).
- As from income year ended 30 June 2016, Payers will have to submit CSV or XML files as compared to PDF files for previous income years.
- However, if you wish to input payee details one by one, you may select “SCREEN INPUT” on the screen appearing after login.
- Before you start, ensure that you have your username, password and your CSV or XML file ready as per MRA's specifications.
General information for Electronic Filing of Annual TDS Return for income year ended 30 June 2016:
Kindly read the instructions below before starting to file your Annual TDS Return
- Payers are recommended to use a recent version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as browser to file their return.
- Kindly note that it is the payer's responsibility to file a correct and complete return.
- Please ensure that you provide your email address and telephone number as they will be used by MRA to communicate with you.
- On successful submission of your annual TDS return, an acknowledgement ID will be displayed on your screen and followed by an email confirming same. If you have not received an acknowledgement ID, your submission is incomplete. Please take necessary actions to correctly submit your Annual TDS Return.
- Only one Annual TDS Return can be submitted for any particular income year. However, in case you wish to make amendments to an Annual TDS return that has already been submitted, please contact MRA on 2076010.
Who should file Annual TDS Return?
Every Payer who, during the year ended 30 June 2016, made payments to payees, whether or not tax was deducted therefrom.
E-filing of Annual TDS Return
The Annual TDS Return should in one of the following file formats:
Click on the below links to obtain the specifications, templates and step-by-step guide.
CSV file format
- Specifications for the CSV Template
- CSV Template for Annual TDS Return
- Excel template to generate CSV file (Click here to obtain additional details on how to generate CSV file)
XML file format
Guidelines for e-fling
Deadline for e-filing of Annual TDS Return
The Annual TDS should be filed electronically by 16 August 2016. In case of late submission, a penalty of Rs 5,000 per month or part of a month up to a maximum of Rs 20,000 is applicable.
MRA hotline service on 207 6010 is available during office hours from 08 45 to 16 30 on working days to assist employers to file their Annual TDS. You may also visit our Customer Service Desks on the ground floor of MRA Head Office, Ehram Court, Cnr. Mgr. Gonin and Sir Virgil Naz streets, Port Louis.