Return of Employees (ROE)
Income year ended 30 June 2016
This facility is available to employers who have been granted access and allocated a password by MRA. Other employers should use the facility provided by the Mauritius Network Services Ltd (MNS).
- Circular Letter to Employers
- As from income year ended 30 June 2016, taxpayers will have to submit CSV or XML files as compared to PDF files for previous income years.
- However, if you wish to input employee details one by one, you may select "SCREEN INPUT" on the screen appearing after login.
- Before you start, ensure that you have your username, password and your CSV or XML file ready as per MRA's specifications.
General information for Electronic Filing of ROE for income year ended 30 June 2016:
Kindly read the instructions below before starting to file your ROE
- Employers are recommended to use a recent version of Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as browser to file their return.
- Kindly note that it is the employer's responsibility to file a correct and complete return.
- Please ensure that you provide your email address and telephone number as they will be used by MRA to communicate with you.
- On successful submission of the ROE, an acknowledgement ID will be displayed on your screen, followed by an email confirming same. If you have not received an acknowledgement ID, the submission is incomplete. Please take necessary actions to correctly submit your ROE.
- Only one ROE can be submitted for any particular income year. However, in case you wish to make amendments to a ROE that has already been submitted, please contact MRA on 2076010.
Who should file ROE?
Every employer who during the year ended 30 June 2016:
- Withheld tax under PAYE; or
- Had one or more employees who derived emoluments exceeding Rs 285,000
E-filing of ROE
The ROE should be in one of the following file formats:
Click on the links below to obtain the specifications, templates and step-by-step guide.
CSV file format
- Specifications for the CSV Template
- CSV Template for Return of Employees
- Excel template to generate CSV file (Click here to obtain additional details on how to generate CSV file)
XML file format
Guidelines for e-fling
Deadline for e-filing of ROE
The ROE should be filed electronically by 16 August 2016. In case of late submission, a penalty of Rs 5,000 per month or part of a month up to a maximum of Rs 20,000 is applicable.
MRA hotline service on 207 6010 is available during office hours from 08 45 to 16 30 onworking days to assist employers to file their ROE. You may also visit our Customer Service Desks on the ground floor of MRA Head Office, Ehram Court, Cnr. Mgr. Gonin and Sir Virgil Naz streets, Port Louis.